Snap an app: Use two apps at the same time
Keep an eye on your music playlist while you work on a report. Compare your favorite team's schedule with your own calendar. You can get more done when you place, or snap, a second app on the left or right side of your screen. Apps do all the same things when they're snapped as they do when full sized, but they'll make smart adjustments to fit the smaller size.
If you want to snap the app you were just using, here's how:
With touch, slide your finger in from the left edge to bring in the second app, and then drag that app to the left or right side of the screen until an opening appears behind it.
With a mouse, move your pointer into the upper-left corner until the second app appears, and then drag that app to the left or right side of the screen until an opening appears behind it.
If you want to snap a different app that you used recently, here's how:
With touch or a mouse, open a list of recently used apps. (To see your recently used apps when using touch, swipe in from the left edge without lifting your finger, and then push the app back toward the left edge.
To see them when using a mouse, move your pointer into the upper-left corner and then move it down the left edge.) Then drag the app you want to the left or right side of the screen until an opening appears behind it.
Your screen resolution must be at least 1366 x 768 to snap apps.
The size of a snapped app can't be changed—the snapped app takes up 25% of the screen, and the other open app takes up 75%. To switch the two, slide the divider until the sizes are reversed.